1) Adult $500 Top Prize : 2nd $150 : 3rd $100 PLUS 2x $50 Merits Prizes
2) 16yrs &Under 1st : 2nd : 3rd : Plus 2 x Merits - ALL Canvases & Art Materials Prizes
3) Collective Schools Prizes of Canvases & Art Materials. Sponsors Sought! (No 3 is a special category for Schools - conditions apply - Additional Sponsors Sought for Prizes - Please make contact)
4) 'People's Choice' - Vote during x $25 Vouchers (1 for voter 1 for artist)
5) ALSO; NEW $50 'spot prize-draw' for 1 entering Artist who is present at the opening!.
Entries Displayed at Mangaweka's 'Yellow Church' Gallery, SH1.Entries IN Nov 19th 2019 -
OPENS 30th NOV 2019 - Runs to 9th February 2020.
Guide Lines, Conditions, and Rules of Entry Below - Please read and note carefully - Thanks
1. This Exhibition is a Fun Event, open to ANY budding, intermediate, established or professional Artist/Artists.
2. Absolutely NO works that are totally original ! Works are to be identical Replicas, Copies with a Twist, 'Inspired-By'OR be 'in the style of' a previous well known Artist or Artwork. Ideas as worthy as fine technique. Be imaginative!
3. Works entered must have been freshly created since Dec 2017 and be signed by the Artist entering the work.
4. Paintings, Photography, Ceramics, Prints, Woven, Knitted, Carved, Mixed or What-ever media ! Just be creative !
5. All works entered (except Collective Schools) MUST be For Sale and priced with a MAXIMUM retail of NZ$1950
(If serious about a sale try be realistic. Most works that sell are anywhere 'from & up to' around the $500' range)
6. Price listed will include a 33.3% commission (inc GST) ie; The entering artist receives 66.6% of sale price.
7. All wall mounted works must be strung and ready to hang, with any paint or varnish being totally DRY! Thanks.Max size/area 1.2m sq for hung work. Any instillation works must be portable by one person - please contact first.
8. All works must be CLEARLY labelled, in this exact order please; 1) Entering Artists Name; 2) Contact Info (address & ph. number); 3)Title of Work; 4) Inspired By; 5) Medium; 6) Aprox Size; and 7) Sale Price. This label must be attached to the work by string or fishing line, so it can hang over the top for easy identification when hanging.
9. Once entry form/info has been submitted & data entered in our system, sorry but NO further alterations. Also while every effort will be made to correctly reproduce entry info, we are not accountable for any spelling errors etc, Thanks.
10. While extreme care is taken, it is the responsibility of the artist to insure their work during exhibition & transit etc.
11. Entry Fees; Adults - $25 first piece, $15 a second, and $5 for a third* - 16 year & under/Student - $5 first piece,. $4 a second, and $3 for a third*. *Maximum of 3 Entries Total per individual entering Artist, in all or any categories.
12. Each entry form must be for works by same entrant with full total amount paid in one single operation. Payment; . Cheques please made to; Richard Aslett. Cash payment on site. Internet bank on request. Sorry No Credit Card.
13. Entry forms alone (including any entry fees) can be sent anytime from now - with work sent/delivered later.
14. Courier Delivery of Works (including entry forms & full payment) anytime from the October 31st 2019.. Works can also be personally delivered to the Gallery, on week-ends (only) from 2nd November 2019, thanks. (best to phone in advance to guarantee). Final closing date for entries is 19th Nov 2019. Courier / Deliver to; . Fakes & Forgeries, Mangaweka "Yellow Church" Gallery, 6360 SH1 (PO Box 56), Rangitikei, NZ, 4746.
15. Entry is on condition that any works can be reproduced for a possible catalogue/book and/or future promotions.
16. We aim to exhibit all works entered, unless overtly original, offensive, or not complying with guide lines & rules.
17. The Judging panel will consist of Richard Aslett, plus two other 'Special Guest' Artists (tbc) with judging panels decision being final with no correspondence entered into and no refunds etc.
18. All works to remain on display for full duration of the Exhibition from 30th November 2019 to 9th Feb 2020
19. Works entered may also be displayed and listed for sale on-line (or elsewhere) at any time during the exhibition.
20. All works not sold, must be uplifted on weekends within two weeks of close ie; by 5pm Sun 23rd Feb 2020Late collection of work (without written arrangement) will incur a storage & retrieval fee of $5 per week. Any works not collected by the end of March 2020 will be deemed abandoned and disposed of ie; binned, sold, gifted or whatever.21. Entry to exhibition confirms acceptance of above rules in their entirety. Have Fun and Get Started NOW! Thanks!